Tim Knittel of Distilled Living will presenting an exclusive and rare bourbon tasting at this charity function.
Who: Casa of the Bluegrass • www.casaofthebluegrass.org
What: Bourbon and the Bayou presented by Community Trust Bank is a Fat Friday event with Mardi Gras theme including live music, Cajun food, bourbon tastings, silent and live auctions and Mardi Gras entertainment.
New this year, is our VIP Bourbon Experience, in which guests will participate in an hour long session learning about bourbon, and partaking in exclusive bourbon tastings not available to the main event guests.
We’ll begin the VIP Bourbon Experience with a look at what bourbon is, how it’s made and what makes it unique from other whiskeys. We’ll guide you through the sensory techniques used by bourbon professional for nosing and tasting the spirit.
The bourbons will include:
- RockCastle Batch #3 by Barrel House Distilling Co. – limited release, no longer available
- Town Branch Signature Single Barrel – gift shop exclusive
- Double Double Oaked by Woodford Reserve – gift shop exclusive
- Hartfield & Co. Single Barrel Bourbon – the first single barrel bourbon from Bourbon County, purchased by Cork & Barrel with a donated bottled for the event
- plus rare bourbons from Wild Turkey and Buffalo Trace (to be determined)
Look for the $150 “MAIN EVENT PLUS VIP BOURBON EXPERIENCE” ticket, or if you have purchased a table, please call 859-246-4313 on Monday or email email@example.com to add the VIP Bourbon Experience. https://my.bidr.co/events/bandb
When: Feb 24th 6:00pm
Yes, the VIP Bourbon Tasting WILL start at 6:00pm (even though every event listing says the event starts at 6:30pm.)
Where: Carrick House, 312 North Limestone, Lexington KY
A little something from several of the Master Distillers: