Last month we talked about the big distillers, now let’s concentrate on the little ones! For this month, we’re exploring the craft distilleries in Kentucky. We’re limiting to just the ones that are making their own products, so specific product availability will vary across dates this month.
We’ll taste a representative Bourbon from each distillery and dissect the flavor profile to understand the choices the distillers make for grain recipe/mash bill, yeast strain, distillation, barrel char and entry proof and aging.
• Barrel House Distilling Co. – RockCastle
• Bluegrass Distillers Bourbon
• Glenns Creek Distillery – OCD #5
• Hartfield & Co. Bourbon
• Jeptha Creed – Bloody Butcher’s Creed Bourbon
• Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co. – Peerless Rye
• MB Roland Distillery – KSBW
• New Riff – KSBW
• Second Sight Spirits – Oak Eye Bourbon
• Wilderness Trail Bourbon
• Willett – Old Bardstown Bottled-in-Bond
* Pours subject to change!
Tickets are available for:Wednesday, Oct 14, 6:00-7:30pmor Sunday, Oct 25, 3:00-4:30pm
This class is part of our year-long “Kentucky Bourbon School” led by Bourbon-Steward in Residence Tim Knittel and Executive Bourbon Steward Aften Locken of Distilled Living with a new theme offered each month. No need to attend them all – mix and match as you like!
$35 per person, class includes guided Bourbon flight and light food.
Dinner reservations at Castle Farm Restaurant available for after the class by calling (859) 256-0322 or visiting https://www.thekentuckycastle.com/eat-drink.