- This event has passed.
Crash Course to Bourbon Stewardship
July 12, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$125
Our resident Executive Bourbon Steward and Adjunct Professor of Bourbon Studies, Tim Knittel of Distilled Living will teach you everything you need to know to become a Certified Bourbon Steward, yourself!
–This three hour workshop includes:
• 100-page official Bourbon Steward Handbook (a $60 value) from the Stave & Thief Society
• Bourbon Steward Certification Testing Code
• Guided workshop to prepare guests for the Bourbon Steward Certification Test
• Cocktails and Guided Bourbon Flights
• Light Appetizers throughout
• 2:00pm: Opening Cocktail and Introduction
• 2:10pm: Bourbon 101 featuring light appetizers
• 2:20pm: Bourbon Palate Training
• 2:40pm: Traditional Production Course
• 3:10pm: Break
• 3:30pm: Rooftop Cocktail Lesson and History of The Kentucky Castle
• 4:00pm: Bourbon and Aromatics Lesson
• 4:35pm: Blind Tasting Experience
• 4:45pm: Q&A
• 5:00pm: Class Dismissed
Guests can choose to extend their experience by booking a reservation at Castle Farms, our exclusive, farm-to-table restaurant nestled inside The Kentucky Castle. Reservations begin 5:00pm and are subject to availability. Call (859) 256-0322 to book!
*For the safety of our guests and staff, we ask that tickets be purchased as a household in order to safely seat guests with social distancing. Each set of tickets purchased together will be seated at a private table.
*Guests will have their temperatures checked prior to entrance.
*We kindly ask that all guests wear masks at all times while not seated with their household and observe social distancing from those outside of your household.
*For information regarding food allergies and seating requests, please email email@example.com
*Tickets are non-refundable and only available for purchase through Eventbrite or by phone with The Kentucky Castle concierge.