Thursday, March 28 or Friday, March 29
4:30 – 6:30 PM
21c Hotel (Gallery 4)
Learn to discuss, taste, and recommend America’s Native Spirit with friends and family in this fun and interactive class!
- What makes a bourbon a bourbon, and how it is different from other whiskies.
- What the different descriptors of bourbon mean
- The science behind distilling and aging
- Identify Kentucky’s heritage brands and which distilleries produce them.
- Build a virtual flight of 3 bourbons demonstrating the relationship among the products, describing their characteristics and nuances with nosing and tasting notes.
- Accurate bourbon history, including Kentucky’s role in its creation.
You’ll get a booklet with a code to take home so you can take an online test that, when you pass, you’ll receive your very own “Certified Bourbon Steward” pin in the mail!