Pumpkin Spice Bourbon Hot Toddy
A warm wintery cocktail perfect for the winter holidays.
- 5 oz water
- 1 bag black tea (irish or english breakfast are my go to)
- 1 heaping tsp sugar
- 2 oz bourbon (Jim Beam was used but many others works well)
- 1 dash cinnamon powder
- 1 touch clove powder
- 1 touch ground nutmeg
- Boil water
- Pour 5 oz over tea bag (more if you want a slightly less stiff drink or have a larger mug)
- Steep tea for 3 minutes
- Add sugar & stir until dissolved
- Add cinnamon, clove & nutmeg
- Stir & enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Bourbon Hot Toddy Variations:
- More water for a larger drink to cozy up with.
- Substitute pumpkin pie spices for the 3 spices listed.
- Skip the tea and just use hot water for a classic old style hot toddy.