Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit Recipe
- 1 Rocks glass
- 1 swizzle stick / stir stick
- 1 jigger
- 2-3 packets Sugar in the Raw if you like sweet, go with 3, otherwise we recommend 2 packets
- 1 oz Water
- 1.5-2 oz Bourbon
- 2 dashes Bitters
- 1-2 quality cocktail cherries (not the bright red kinds please!)
- Orange twist or orange slice
- This is a build in glass cocktail so start with your rocks glass.
- Sugar does not dissolve in alcohol so it's important to do this order!Add your sugar and water and stir until you have almost all of the sugar dissolved. This is your simple syrup!
- Add your bourbon, bitters and ice and stir again. One airline bottle is 1.5 oz but if you have a larger bottle go ahead with 2 oz. Scrappy's mini bitters uses a dropper bottle so one really full dropper.
- Garnish with your cocktail cherries and optional orange. It will bring a nice aroma to the party if it's the skin expressed over the glass OR a wedge neatly placed on a pick or side of the glass. This is NOT muddled into the drink! There IS a way to do this such that it doesn't turn this into a fruit salad or express the bitter part of the orange. Muddling and still getting a higher quality drink requires a gentle hand and understanding of what parts of the orange shouldn't be pressed.
This timeless classic is not the fruit salad in a glass you may have experienced before. Our Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit includes:
- Typically Scrappy’s Aromatic Bitters
- Japanese Jigger
- Stainless swizzle stick
- Sugar in the Raw
- Filthy Black Cherry cocktail cherries
Our Old Fashioned Kit is available through select fulfillment partners exclusively for our guided virtual bourbon tastings.
Please inquire for a virtual tasting to find out more!