A Guided Flight from the 7 most popular Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries.
We’ll be sampling 1 bourbon from each distillery which is the one listed in bold below.
The additional bourbons listed under each distillery may be substituted if you have them on hand and want to buy less bourbon.
Preparing for your event:
- Download and print the Tasting Mat
- Download and print the Flavor Wheel
- Purchase bourbons you do not have on hand as described above.
- Glass of Water: We recommend having a glass of quality water to go with your flight. A quality bottled water if you don’t have purified tap water.
- Glass for your bourbon:
Ideally you will have 1 Glencairn for each person. IF you have 7 Glencairns per person, place them on the tasting mat with a 1/2oz pour in each.
Good glass alternatives: Reidel bourbon glass, the Neat glass, Libbey Signature Kentucky Bourbon Trail glass. If you don’t want to buy any new glassware: wine glass or a snifter.
- Jim Beam XA Extra Aged (Black Label)
- Basil Hayden
- Knob Creek
- Evan Williams Black Label
- Evan Williams (other non-flavored)
- Elijah Craig (any Bourbon)
- Heaven Hill (any)
- Maker’s Mark (90 Proof)
- Any other Maker’s Mark
- Russell’s Reserve Small Batch 10 Year
- Wild Turkey 101 (or 81)
- Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
- Rare Breed
- Bulleit Bourbon (90 Proof)
- Bulleit 10 Year
- Bulleit Barrel Strength
- Woodford Reserve (90 Proof)
- Four Roses Small Batch
- Four Roses Single Barrel
- Four Roses Small Batch Select