FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Versailles, KY – January 24, 2020
Yes, it’s still business as usual at the Kentucky Castle and we have a full year of the Kentucky Bourbon School prepped and ready for guests!
The Kentucky Bourbon School dives deep into details you won’t typically learn on the distillery tours. Want to learn more about your favorite brown liquid? Or just experience a wide variety of bourbons over the course of a year? Explore Bourbon history, bourbon production, sensory analysis, crafting cocktails and more.
You’ll leave with both a greater knowledge of Kentucky’s native spirit and a better appreciation of the variations and nuances between distilleries.
The first Wednesday 6-7:30pm AND the 3rd Sunday 3-4:30pm of every month.
$35/ea includes guided bourbon tasting & light appetizers
Mix and match or attend them all.
- January: “Bourbon Basics”
Wednesday Jan 8 at 6:00 pm & Sunday, Jan 26 at 3:00 pm
- February: History of Bourbon I: Origins through the Third Dark Age (1780s to 1980s)
Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 6:00 pm and Sunday, Feb. 23 at 3:00 pm
- March: History of Bourbon II: The Modern Era
Wednesday, March 11 at 6:00 pm and Sunday, March 22 at 3:00 pm
- April: Bourbon Production I: Traditional Production & The 6 Sources Of Flavor
Wednesday, April 8 from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm and Sunday, April 26 from 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
- May: Bourbon Production Ii: Craft, Experimental and Near Bourbons
Wednesday, May 13 at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm and Sunday, May 24 at 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- June: Bourbon Sensory Analysis I: Introduction To Bourbon Sensory Analysis
Wednesday, June 10 At 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, Or Sunday, June 28 At 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- July: Bourbon Cocktails I: Historic And Classic Cocktails
Wednesday, July 8, 6:00 pm – 7:30 or Sunday, July 26, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- August: Bourbon Cocktails Ii: Modern Cocktails
Wednesday, August 12, 6:00-7:30pm, or Sunday, August 23, 3:00pm-4:30pm
- September: Bourbon By Brands I: Major Kentucky Distilleries
Wednesday, Sep 9, 6:00-7:30pm, or Sunday, Sep 27, 3:00-4:30pm
- October: Bourbon By Brands II: Craft Distilleries
Wednesday, Oct 14, 6:00-7:30pm or, Sunday, Oct 25, 3:00-4:30pm
- November: Bourbon By Brands III: Non-distiller Producers And Outside Ky
Wednesday, Nov 11, 6:00-7:30pm, or Sunday, Nov 22, 3:00-4:30pm
- December: Bourbon Sensory Analysis II: Advanced Bourbon Sensory Analysis
Wednesday, Dec 9 at 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm, or Sunday, Dec 27 at 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- December Holiday Edition: Bourbon 101 & Basic Palate Training
Dec. 26, 2020 6:00pm – 7:30pm
or by calling (859) 256-0322
Or click any event link above for event details and ticket links.
* The Kentucky Bourbon School was originally called “Bourbon University”
For media inquiries, contact: Tim Knittel • Owner, Distilled Living • 859-338-6681 • email@example.com