- Buffalo Trace Single Oak Project #42
- Distillery: Buffalo Trace
- Proof: 90
- Mashbill: unknown but wheated
- Age: unknown (aged at least 4 years)
- Release Date: Feb 2012
- Description: (Random Online because there’s not a distillery description): A bigger whiskey than the previous, more sweet, and a bit of burn. Cedar box and evergreen notes. A solid Bourbon, especially for the sweet tooths (sweet teeth?) out there. A- (wheat, 125 entry proof, level 12 seasoning, tight grain, wood ricks, #3 char, bottom half of tree)
- Availability: very very rare
- Price: $70 MSRP (but selling for $450-$700/bottle aftermarket)
- Packaging: 375ml glass bottle in cardboard box with a piece of the stave
- How we got this: Sample given by distillery rep at event (actual full size package received)
- Related website: http://www.singleoakproject.com/
Tim Knittel’s tasting notes:
Nose: Strong yet delicate sweet.
Palate: Light yet intense flavors of dry wood and dry grain. Leathery mouthfeel.
Finish: Lengthy “Woodshop” with more dry wood, smoke and char, dry tannins without substantial bitterness.
Hilary Baumann’s tasting notes:
Nose: Very distinctly Worther’s candy smell.
Palate & finish: light and oaky with a very lengthy finish for 90 proof. Smooth.
📸 Photo by Justin Morrell & editing by Abby Morrell