- Larceny Barrel Proof (batch A120)
- Distillery: Heaven Hill
- Proof: 123.2
- Mashbill: Heaven Hill wheated (presumed 68% Corn, 20% Wheat and 12% Malted Barley)
- Age: mingling of 6 to 8 year old
- Release Date: January 2020
- Distillery Description: Larceny Barrel Proof offers a new opportunity to experience our acclaimed wheated Bourbon mashbill in its purest form: non-chill filtered and bottled at full barrel proof. Each offering is a bold yet balanced special Small Batch Bourbon rich with depth and distinction.
- Availability: Released three times per year in January, May, and September
- Price: $49.99 MSRP ($125-$325 secondary)
- Packaging: 750ml glass bottle
- How we got this: Distillery sample (actual full size package received)
- Related website: https://heavenhilldistillery.com/larceny-barrel-proof.php
Tim Knittel’s tasting notes:
Nose: Big ripe red cherry, vanilla and caramel (cola-like), banana and light holiday spices, pecan and leather
Palate: Warm but not hot for over-proof, dried cherries, leather, cedar, sweet tobacco
Finish: Medium-length with flavors from the palate plus a very slight menthol
Recommend over large ice or in a cocktail.
Hilary Baumann’s tasting notes:
Nose: cherry and light nutmeg as well as toast that opens to a little bit of bourbon burn. Light clove as well but we’re not going so far as holiday spice blend.
Palate & Finish: Lighter than expected for the proof that opens into some heat, sweet tobacco and cedar with a hint of eucalyptus.
📸 Photo by Hilary Baumann / FascinationDesign.com