- Wilderness Trail Center College Bicentennial Pick (barrel #15E02)
- Distillery: Wilderness Trail
- Proof: 100
- Mashbill: 64% corn, 24% wheat, 12% malted barley
- Age: just over 4 years
- Release Date: 2019 (sometime between March and October)
- Description: From March 9 – October 12, Wilderness Trail Distillery will release one new barrel of Centre College Bicentennial Bourbon every Second Saturday of the month. Alumni, parents, and friends of the College are encouraged to mark their calendars and plan their trip(s) to Danville around those specific dates to ensure the Centre Bicentennial bourbon is in stock at the gift shop.
- Availability: Limited edition single barrel
- Price: MSRP $55 without box, or in mahogany collector’s box that includes two shot glasses cost with the box is $94.41 (including tax) but only was only available at the Wilderness Trail Distillery
- Packaging: 750ml glass bottle available alone or in mahogany collector’s box with shot glasses
- How we got this: Sample given by distillery rep at event (collector’s box received)
- Related website: http://alumni.centre.edu/s/285/index.aspx?sid=285&gid=1&pgid=2728
Tim Knittel’s tasting notes:
Nose: Initially strong hard-crack caramel candy and chocolate which opens to red stone fruit, red apples and vanilla
Palate: More red apple, light toasted/dry bread, light malt and malt syrup, dried stone fruit with distinct apricot
Finish: Still sweet yet not cloying, light breadiness with holiday spices and a touch of wood smoke
Hilary Baumann’s tasting notes:
Pretty much what Tim said. That red apple quality is the piece I think everyone agreed on. Apple that wasn’t too sugary.
This is one of the best Wilderness Trail products we’ve ever had. Well worth the price.
📸 Photo by Hilary Baumann / FascinationDesign.com