Ready for Sunday Brunch?
Hair of the (White) Dog Mimosa, Easy Bourbon(ish) Bloody Mary + Virgin versions (recipes below video)
Crazy Cabin Fever Cocktail Series with Distilled Living –
Keeping your spirits up!
Catch up with us and watch all of the “Crazy Cabin Fever Cocktail” series here! https://distilled-living.com/category/crazy-cabin-fever-cocktail-series/
Hair of the (White) Dog Mimosa
In tall glass or flute:
• 1 to 2 oz Bourbon or near-Bourbon (we used Buffalo Trace White Dog)
• Orange + sparkling
We used San Pellegrino Sparkling Blood Orange, but orange juice and sparkling water or club soda or sparkling white wine works, too!
Orange juice + sparkling water or soda
Easy Bourbon(ish) Bloody Mary
In 16 oz glass:
• Fill 3/4 with ice
• 1 – 2 oz whiskey (we used Billy Goat Strut North American Whiskey)
• Fill with Bloody Mary mix (we used Uncle Dougie’s Rich N’ Mild)
Stir, insert straw and garnish (we used a celery stick and piece of bacon).
Just leave out the booze!
AND the Bloody Mary recipe we haven’t tried yet for the base (we’ll update this and make any adjustments when we’ve tried it)
• 1 can diced or crushed tomatoes
• 2-4 dashes / 1/8 oz Worcestershire sauce (Bourbon Barrel Foods makes an amazing one)
• 1 oz lemon juice
• 1-2 strips roasted red pepper (this will add some vinegar as well)
• 1 dash paprika & 1 dash of chili peppers OR your favorite hot sauce
• 1/8 tsp celery seeds if you have them or salt
• 1/8 tsp black pepper
Use a stick blender or food processor to blend. You may want to reduce the tomatoes on the stove top a bit first.
* Most of these products were bought with our own money but a few may have been distillery samples … we’ve lost track a bit on the things that were added to the cabinet years ago. We’re going to start marking them because sometimes we also buy something again after getting a sample. This post is not a paid promotion.
Interested in helping to support this series (and more)?