Perfect Manhattan, Mocktail Manhattan (recipes below video)
Crazy Cabin Fever Cocktail Series with Distilled Living –
Keeping your spirits up!
Catch up with us and watch all of the “Crazy Cabin Fever Cocktail” series here! https://distilled-living.com/category/crazy-cabin-fever-cocktail-series/
Pre-chill martini or coupe glass.
Stir gently for 90+ seconds over ice:
• 2 dashes bitters (Angostura is classic)
• 1 oz sweet vermouth (we used Carpano Antica Formula)
• 2 oz Bourbon or American rye whiskey
Discard ice from glass, strain cocktail into glass, garnish with a cherry (we used Jack Rudy.)
For a Perfect Manhattan, replace 1/2 oz of sweet vermouth with Dry Vermouth (we use Noilly Prat).
For a Dry Manhattan, replace all of the sweet vermouth with Dry Vermouth and replace the cherry with lemon zest.
In glass, stir together:
• 2 dashes bitters (we used Bitter Truth’s Jerry Thomas’s Own Decanter Bitters)
• 1 oz pomegranate juice
• 2 oz iced tea (we used Elmwood Inn’s Southern Pecan which is a black tea)
To enhance the mocktail, consider adding spices to the tea like cinnamon or nutmeg.
* Most of these products were bought with our own money but a few may have been distillery samples … we’ve lost track a bit on the things that were added to the cabinet years ago. We’re going to start marking them because sometimes we also buy something again after getting a sample. This post is not a paid promotion.