Warm up in the winter time with a south-of-the-border spirit and some spice, paired with holiday flavors of chocolate, cinnamon and vanilla.
Tequila Navidad cocktail
- Rocks glass
- Spoon or swizzle stick
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 tbsp sugar We used Sugar in the Raw
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dashes chocolate bitters We used Scrappy's Chocolate bitters.
- 1 tbsp Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Sugar We used Gustus Vitae – Spicy Chocolate Cinnamon Cane Sugar.
- 1 Cinnamon or Cocktail cherry
- Sprinkle spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar on a plate.
- Wet the rim of a rocks glass and roll in the sugar to rim.
- Mix water and plain sugar (Sugar in the Raw) and stir until sugar is dissolved, to make a syrup. Do NOT use the spicy sugar for this step!
- Add vanilla extract and stir.
- Fill glass with ice.
- In glass add 2 dashes of bitters, 1 oz of vanilla simple syrup and 2 oz of tequila.
- Stir and garnish with Cinnamon or Cocktail cherry