Bourbon Margarita & Ruby Bourbon Southern Iced Tea
Crazy Cabin Fever Cocktail Series with Distilled Living –
Keeping your spirits up!
Catch up with us and watch all of the “Crazy Cabin Fever Cocktail” series here! https://distilled-living.com/category/crazy-cabin-fever-cocktail-series/
- 2 oz 90+ proof Bourbon Old Forester works well & is easy to find (though many MANY other bourbons will also work)
- 1 oz Lime juice fresh if possible
- 1+ oz Simple Syrup* recipe below
- Mint sprigs for garnish go organic here if you can
- Salt for the glass rim
- Salt the rim of your glass:
The easiest way to do this is to put some simple syrup on a small plate and dip the edge of the glass in that. And use a second plate for your salt and dip the edge of your glass in that after the simple syrup.
- Combine in shaker over ice:
– 2oz Bourbon
– 1oz Lime juice
– 1oz and a dash Simple Syrup
- Vigorously shake for 10-20 seconds.
- Strain into glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint (remember, this is Cinco de Derby!) To get full aroma place the sprig in one hand and smack it firmly once before adding it to your glass.
1) you CAN add mint to your margarita as well. Don’t muddle it in but instead smack the mint and add it to your cocktail shaker. Proceed as described above.
2) If you need something faster, replace the lime and simple syrup with a high quality sour mix like the one from Stirrings.
Ruby Bourbon Southern Iced Tea
Fill rocks glass with ice. Add:
• 1/4 oz simple syrup
• 1/2 oz fresh orange juice
• 1/2 oz Ruby Port (we used Sandeman)
• 1 oz Bourbon (we used Four Roses Small Batch)
• 2 oz sun-brewed iced tea (we used a blend of Farmer’s Market and Kentucky Blend teas from Elmwood Inn Fine Teas)Stir gently, add oranges slices and serve
Pitcher (10 drinks)
• 20 oz sun-brewed iced tea
• 10 oz Bourbon
• 5 oz Ruby Port
• 5 oz fresh orange juice
• 2 1/2 oz simple syrupStir gently initially and again before serving. Lasts a few days in the fridge.
Interested in helping to support this series (& more)?